Sunday, March 11, 2012

Welcome!

Hello there, fellow web wanderer. You seem to have stumbled upon my blog...
Well, there isn't much here yet, but I'll tell you what I'm planning to post...
Music.
I'm not a composer, nor will I ever claim to be (unless I suddenly gain the talent of perfect pitch). However, I've been playing piano for about 8 years, and have had about 4 years of lessons, so I consider myself to be fairly adept.
Recently, I've been experimenting with playing by ear. Let me clarify, it's mainly playing songs I've already heard by ear, but, hey, it's a start.
So, what I'm planning to do is post what I've guessed to be the main chords of a song. No, not blind guessing. Guessing as in finding what sounds to be the right chord and writing it down.
Anyways, I tend to gravitate towards J-Pop and stuff like that, though I may end up doing English songs, too. We'll see.
As for what the chords that I post will look like, well...
For the time being, I'm just going to type them up as they would be written: C, Db, Gm, F#, etc., where the absence of a lowercase 'm' means the chord is major, and a 'b' means the flat of the note.

No comments:

Post a Comment